Powder thickness with Powder Checker before curing to help insure
correct cured film thickness the first time through the line.
Avoid stripping and re-coating which can cause problems with
adhesion and coating integrity.
- Ideal for set-up and quality
- Works on a variety of part sizes,
shapes and substrates such as metal, plastic, wood, glass, and
- Easy to carry; convenient shirt
- Broad stand-offs on both sides of
teeth help keep gage perpendicular to surface when measuring
- Rugged aluminum construction for
long gage life and static control
- Precision gage; manufactured to a
tolerance + 5 microns or + 0.0002 inch
- Protective leather pouch included
with each gage
- Push the Powder Checker
perpendicularly into the dry powder so that the two stand-offs
(end tabs) on both sides of the teeth rest firmly on the
- Drag the Powder Checker along the
surface of the coated part for at least 1 centimeter.
- Remove the Powder Checker from
the surface and examine the marks left in the powder.
The powder thickness is between the highest numbered tooth
which made a mark and has powder clinging to it, and the next
highest tooth which left no mark and has no powder clinging to
Note - Most powders cure to
approximately 50% of their dry thickness. Marks left by the
gauge may affect the characteristics of the cured film.